Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Home Forums Critiques Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    solidairmusic
    Participant

Hi,
    I was wondering if the fine folk within this community would be kind enough to offer some feedback on my production music cues just to make sure that I’m heading along the correct path. My main focus recently has been on Corporate Pop but I am also attempting a couple of other genres including Dramedy, Hip-Hop, Tension, and Electronica. All feedback would be gratefully received and appreciated.
    https://soundcloud.com/solid-air-music/sets/pete-mason-composer-showreel

#34431 Reply
    mikevan
    Participant

Hi Pete

I think you’re definitely on the right path. Tracks are relevant to the styles you chose and composition and arrangements are good.
    I would work more on sounds and mastering. They’re not bad and they may work as they are but I think that the overall level of production is getting higher. Pianos and drums could sound a bit more realistic, sample wise and with more dynamics: it’s a combination of better samples or plug ins and programming: there’s a lot of good stuff out there that’s not as expensive as it used to be. You can find great drum midi loops played by real drummers and that makes a lot of difference in some styles. Like I said before, they can definitely work for some libraries a and some styles as they are but there’s room for improvement.

#34432 Reply
    Pete Mason

Thank you so much @mikevan for taking the time to listen to my music and for your very helpful feedback, I very much appreciate your comments and will certainly look to improve the dynamics and samples as you suggest.
    Many thanks,
    Pete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Feedback would be greatly appreciated
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us