Feeling quite discouraged

Home Forums General Questions Feeling quite discouraged

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JosephFaisonIV
    Participant

I’m having trouble finding many sites through the archives here that are open submission, especially seeing as I don’t have much of a back catalogue yet. How are people mostly getting into these libraries, were many open submission at some point prior and changed their policies?

#32383 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

How are people mostly getting into these libraries, were many open submission at some point prior and changed their policies?

A few things:

1. Try to establish a relationship and keep checking with them.
    2. Find out if they have genres they are missing in their catalog.
    3. There are about 500 libraries listed here, keep trying.
    4. Persist!

#32384 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I’m having trouble finding many sites through the archives here that are open submission, especially seeing as I don’t have much of a back catalogue yet. How are people mostly getting into these libraries, were many open submission at some point prior and changed their policies

Hi there, Art is correct. You have to build a relationship, and “You have to develop a thick skin, and take nothing personally”.

These Libraries know exactly what they are looking for, and have Albums/Themes slated. Because they are BARRAGED with music all the time. They focus and concentrate on ONLY what they need at the time (If it’s something they’re really feeling, or an album where it can be used is coming up soon. They will let you know, and show interest)

This whole thing for me has been building a track record, and getting placements. From there, you can show your work, and start getting into better libraries.

**Very Important!!** Make sure you read the reviews and comments in the threads about The Libraries you are submitting to. There are some “Lifer’s” here, and pretty much all of us here are in all of the Libraries. Reading, and having “good discernment” could be the difference between “making a LOT of Bread, and make some great advancements. Or, putting Your music into Music Cemeteries”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Feeling quite discouraged
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us