Final ending-Best of 2 non-ideal options

Home Forums General Questions Final ending-Best of 2 non-ideal options

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JD
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I am preparing and reviewing a bunch of my tracks to submit to a new (to me) library.
    Ovee the last 10-15 years or so, One of the tracks im looking at has got some good placements that have brought in money so I naturally want to include it in my submissions.
    Problem is I don’t have a main mix plus an ‘instro’ mix that line up accurately when dropped into a DAW..

The 2 mixes are aligned, time and tempo wise but don’t seem to have the same endings. I did the original mixes in 2008 on a different DAW and computer and I kick myself for my own negligence. In not ensuring I had ALL required mixes securely backed up with buttoned endings.
    I have been trying to construct an ending that works in both main and insto mixes, my question is:
    Is it a complete No-no to submit 2 such mixes that don’t represent identical mixes (though the main body of both mixes are interchangeable) or is it a better option to submit both mixes as they are, knowing that they have arrangement differences in their endings?
    I know that this is really not ideal and I don’t want to waste too much time on it, it occurred to me to ask the library themselves, they seem communicative but as it’s the beginning of our interaction (I’ve already had 4 or 5 tracks accepted and posted on their site), I don’t want to start by asking a question that makes me look amateur. .
    Maybe the best thing might be to just move on and focus on tracks that I have all the required mixes and metadata. This track has done well for me in Film and TV but maybe it’s time to forget about it?
    Any thoughts much appreciated.
    JD

#41490 Reply
    JD
    Participant

Another thought I just had in order to give both main and instro mixes the same endings is to take the ending of the intro and, at a most musical moment, drop that into the main mix to replace the original main mix ending. That way they both have the same endings.
    Part of the problem is that the original 2008 main mix only had a fade out (doh!!) So it’s current endings is already constructed from the introduction. I’m going to give this idea a go but impose a time deadline on myself to not waste any more time.
    Cheers
    JD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #41490 in Final ending-Best of 2 non-ideal options
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us