Finding PRO tracks in non-PRO music libraries

Home Forums General Questions Finding PRO tracks in non-PRO music libraries

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ilovemedia
    Participant

Hi all.

I’m finally moving from an AJ exclusive account to a non-ex one (in a few days). I’m starting selling to other libraries, like P5. I’m searching for libraries that allow PRO and Content ID registered tracks.

I’m finding libraries that specify “We accept non-PRO music only” (like ML), but there are some well-known authors joining them, and the same authors-tracks are specifying that they belong to a PRO in other stock libraries (like AJ).

Is there any list of with libraries accepting PRO and ContentID? Have you had any problems in a library for uploading PRO tracks if the library does not specify anything about it, or if they even say they do not want PRO music?

#32409 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Is there any list of with libraries accepting PRO and ContentID?

ContentID can be problematic for composers, libraries and clients. If a client is monetizing their YouTube channel it can be a hassle if they receive a copyright strike. Yes, they can get the strike cleared but many composers stay away from ContentID as it might impact their sales.

#32410 Reply
    ilovemedia
    Participant

Thanks Art. You are right, It is not an easy decision to be or not in a ContentID.

In my case, I have found multiple fraudulent uses, and this last quarter I will have about 500 extra bucks just for the content ID. And most importantly, thanks to this I found a big Asian company that was distributing one of my tracks as part of some video templates, with more than 100,000 downloads ( I have sold just 5 or 6 licenses of that track). I found hundreds of youtube videos with that template with my music. Obviously, I will initiate some legal action, because the company does it for profit.

Anyway, I still doubt whether or not to register new tracks in ContentID, there are several advantages and disadvantages and it is not an easy decision.

#32411 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Anyway, I still doubt whether or not to register new tracks in ContentID, there are several advantages and disadvantages and it is not an easy decision.

Interesting what you have discovered. I have been toying for a few years about placing my music in Content ID. I guess if my license sales ever hit bottom I will be forced to.

#32416 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

many composers stay away from ContentID as it might impact their sales

Right! I’ve stayed away from it and even that doesn’t keep problems away.

I started a youtube channel recently as a way to promote my RF music. To start, I uploaded simple videos featuring ten of my ten best selling music tracks and included a link to where they could be licensed. Eight out of the ten videos I uploaded triggered a copyright claim and were being monetized by two non-exclusive companies I work with.

No matter if this was an inadvertent action on their part. Like Art says, it affects sales. It also puts me in breach of other agreements I’ve signed stating my music will not be in content ID. Non-exclusive companies need to wake up to this issue. They need to audit their content ID catalogs more frequently and work harder to respect the rights of their composers.

#32423 Reply
    ilovemedia
    Participant

Eight out of the ten videos I uploaded triggered a copyright claim and were being monetized by two non-exclusive companies I work with.

That’s one of the reasons why I decided to register my tracks in ContentID. Because if I do not do it, it is possible for others to do it for me, and then it is harder to clear a claim. I prefer to have more control and be able to quickly solve the claims that customers may have.

#32435 Reply
    b1nrybl0ke
    Participant

I heard a rumour AdRev aren’t accepting RF composers. Does that only leave Tunesat for anyone looking to move into ContentID?

#32440 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I heard a rumour AdRev aren’t accepting RF composers. Does that only leave Tunesat for anyone looking to move into ContentID?

I hadn’t heard that and I have an AdRev account (though only one track registered).

You can’t compare Tunesat and ContentID.

#32444 Reply
    b1nrybl0ke
    Participant

I hadn’t heard that and I have an AdRev account

It came from a discussion on the AJ forum and seemed to be relating to new accounts rather than existing. I don’t know how legit this is.

#32480 Reply
    Frank

legal action with a chines company ??? waste of time and money !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Reply #32416 in Finding PRO tracks in non-PRO music libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us