first placement ever

Home Forums Share It! first placement ever

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Abbym

Waiting in line to get carryout food, of all things, I got an email from Crucial Music saying they had placed one of my classical pieces on a major network show. Couldn’t believe it. (The worst part is I can’t watch it live, don’t have cable..streaming it after it airs is fine, but something about hearing your music for the first time on TV would have been awesome..)

This site has been invaluable. Just wanted to share this, maybe give hope to others just starting out to stick with it..

#28589 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Congrats! It would be fun to watch your first placement live, it puts a smile on your face to know that millions of people are hearing your creation. I remember sitting through soap opera episodes to hear my first placements. It was an hour of torture for a minute of satisfaction. 🙂

#28594 Reply
    Abbym

ha ha, I too would happily sit through a soap to hear music I made being broadcast! Pretty cool.

#28595 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

That’s great, congratulations!

#28598 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats Abby!

#28601 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

That’s great Abby,

I wish you many more placements!

#28611 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Congrats Abby. Awesome first placement!

#28612 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

Congrats Abby fantastic news. hopefully much more to follow.

#28623 Reply
    Abby

Thanks so much, everyone! I appreciate all the positive comments!

#28624 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Congratulations Abby! I wish for you many, many more!!

#28625 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Congrats Abby! I hope the floodgates open for you. The only thing that might be even better is when your are watching a favorite show and you hear your music that you didn’t know was used. That happened to me with a PBS show. The money was nearly nothing, but the satisfaction was priceless.

#28644 Reply
    Abbym

Thanks Beatslinger, and Alan! (Alan, that feeling sounds epic to me, being surprised by your own music! Even better!)

#28648 Reply
    pianohombre
    Participant

That’s great Abby! Here’s to many more!

#28753 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

congratz abby! heres to more placements….how long have you been at this?

#28770 Reply
    Abby

thanks pianohombre, and boinkeee, I’ve been doing music my whole life but just started the library endeavor about a year (or two?) ago. Hard to keep track. Hope to do it for many years to come.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #28624 in first placement ever
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us