Forum software for the future?

Home Forums Feedback Forum software for the future?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    greystone
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m still really new to these forums and have been more of a spectator up to now. I love what you do here and would love to see this site grow even more.

That’s why I wanted to ask for some time now if there are any plans to switch to a new forum software at some point in the future?

I can see why this could be an immense challenge since it would be crucial to not lose the existing information…

Yet I have to say that the layout and usability of this site feel a bit outdated already.

Obviously there’s a lot of possible software solutions. One I came to love on several forums (inlcuding the new Envato forums) recently is Discourse:

https://www.discourse.org/

It really feels like a breeze to communicate in. It feels light, live, is responsive and has tons of features that would be really helpful to make musiclibraryreport.com even more usable. (Yet like I said – theres probably a lot of new software solutions out there… That’s just one example.)

So – any plans of switching to a system anytime soon that’s more equipped for the future?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

#25481 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

That’s why I wanted to ask for some time now if there are any plans to switch to a new forum software at some point in the future?

Well I would never say never but trying to port everything to an entirely new system would be out of the question. MLR is based on WordPress (which powers nearly 20% of all websites) and can be modified in myriad ways to present information. The problem I see is presenting that info in ways that everyone would be comfortable with. As far as Discourse goes, it’s just presenting data in a different way and I’m not convinced it’s any better, just different.

That being said I am open to suggestions working within WordPress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #25481 in Forum software for the future?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us