FOX Networks

Home Forums Commentary FOX Networks

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    casnc1
    Participant

Wondered if anyone has any thoughts or feedback on this…going back to February of 2022, I have nearly 1000 placements on Fox News and Fox Business, not to mention tons of re-airings (some are promos). Yet, I have not seen a single cue sheet yet for any of these. As I said, some are network promos, others are lead-ins and lead-outs for news segments. I’ve been doing this a while, so I know it usually takes nine months or so, but it is strange to me to not see a SINGLE cue sheet in almost a year’s time yet. I checked with the library and was informed it is NOT a blanket license situation. Anyone else have this experience with FOX or any of its networks?

Apologies if this specific subject is another thread – I searched but did not see it anywhere. Thanks!

#41675 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Library and PRO should chase it for you

#41678 Reply
    Aeonata
    Participant

It is exactly the same for me – thousands of detections in 2022 on Fox News, fox, fox business and fox sports but not a single cue sheet was filed. I reported to my PRO (Sesac) – let‘s see how it goes.

On a side note, they told me that promos and ads are not reported on cuesheets but via „logs“, which networks notoriously „forget“ to report. So tunesat/bmat data seems like the only way to chase them…

Fox network is unfortunately not the only network which don‘t report music usages to Pros, in fact about 95% of my music airing in the US (also on CBS, NBC and many cable networks) were never reported, while everywhere else in the world it seems to be quite accurate.

I wonder if they get any sort of „fine“ for not paying royalties, because if not I could totally understand this as a business strategy…

#41679 Reply
    DavidM
    Participant

So, do PRO’s like BMI and PRS actually chase for ‘Logs’ as well as Cue Sheets?

#41681 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I had this conversation with BMI back 2013. BMI’s reply was:

“BMI can only process promo data as they receive it.” In other words they rely on the networks to submit the data. Majors generally do but smaller ones usually do not.

#41682 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

It’s tough to say what happened with the reporting when it comes to certain news segments on FOX News because I’ve had the same issue over time. With that said, I did receive cue sheets and ASCAP paid for Fox and Friends and for Hannity

#41686 Reply
    casnc1
    Participant

Thank you all for the feedback. That’s pretty unfortunate that they would be doing this in this manner, but it’s the game. yzzman1, how long did it take for you to receive the cue sheets/payment from when those placements aired on Fox? More than a year?

#41687 Reply
    tobytune
    Participant

One of my pieces got on a few of Fox’s Business shows. i got a little sync money from Midiio but I guess I shouldn’t hold my breath for PRO money.

#42621 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Same..I’m still waiting on my 20+ promos on FOX Business and News..sigh..lol

#42622 Reply
    casnc1
    Participant

An update on this: it’s been a number of months since I started this thread, and still no cue sheets from FOX. It’s maddening. So many placements and airings… mind-boggling how they can get away with this. I have to assume it’s not malicious, but crazy how antiquated the tracking systems are. SO much money left on the table.

#42625 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Don’t hold your breath on promos. ABC, NBC, CBS yes but AFAIK but anything else probably not. Maybe something has changed for the better that I don’t know about?

#42626 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

So then what. There are libraries that make albums specifically focused on promos in the US. On Numerator I can see half of my promos on Fox News and Business. I can also see tons of other promos for just about every channel. I wonder if BMI accepts Numerator codes for promos, because they definitely do for commercials which are similar if you think about it. I think that’ll be my next step.

#42627 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

@casnc1 What did your library say about them?

#42628 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I think a promo code could help. I haven’t found them for our promos on Numerator.

#42630 Reply
    casnc1
    Participant

@afilion the library has told me more than once that I needed to wait longer. Not holding my breath at this point (coming up on 15 months), but if I don’t see anything in the next couple of months, I’ll definitely see what I can make happen as it is very frustrating. Not all of these were promos – some were during newscasts/programs on FOX & FOX Business so I would think there would be cue sheets associated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #41681 in FOX Networks
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us