Fox News

Home Forums Commentary Fox News

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

here’s a ‘fun’ fact I learned today: Fox News only does direct licensing, usually in the form of blanket deals. So no royalties, and usually nothing to the composers…

#31159 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Yikes!

#31161 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

Well at least they are completely unbiased when it comes to reporting the news…

#31162 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Fox News only does direct licensing, usually in the form of blanket deals. So no royalties, and usually nothing to the composers

Maybe not completely. I received royalties from FOX Business on my most recent BMI statement.The music came from an exclusive PMA library.

#31163 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

I get paid on Fox Business and Fox Sports.

#31164 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I don’t know for sure if Fox Business and Fox News are separate entities (they are separate channels), but if you’re getting royalties there, then they must be.

Yeah I get dozens of pages from Fox Sports every quarter, that’s a very different organization.

I got the confirmation on this direct licensing sadness from a PRO and the management of one of the biggest libraries – one you guys have probably written for at some point.

I’ve had two tracks become themes for shows on Fox News, (playing dozens of times a day, five or more days a week) with sadly nothing to show for it. The library DID keep all their blanket fee though…

#31168 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

@ Mark, oh the fury! That’s just not right. Ethically, morally, it’s so very wrong. What a shame.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #31164 in Fox News
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us