Free Access to MLR on me!!!

Home Forums News Free Access to MLR on me!!!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I read on another forum that some people had a problem with MLR charging money for access to certain content. I thought that people have a right to feel that way. But I also know that I have gained an invaluable amount of info from this site over the years. So with that said, I am giving back.

I am giving away $40 USD to someone via Paypal. This can buy someone a three month subscription to MLR.

Stipulations: You have to ask for the money for someone other than yourself. Just a short blurb about someone you know who wants access to library listings and what you like about their music.

This is open until 11:59 pm 01-March-2015 EST.

(If this causes too much trouble Art, please erase.)

Take care. 🙂

#20069 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

bumpy

#20070 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

No trouble DI. What a very cool idea! I’ll bump it to 6 months for that $40. DI you can be the selection committee. Thanks DI!

#20076 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Very nice!

#20078 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Wow, what a great idea, DI. You and Art are extremely generous in your thought of paying it forward.

How should we submit names and information blurbs to you? Posting it here or via private message?

I have someone in mind.

Thanks,
    Mike

#20082 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

How should we submit names and information blurbs to you? Posting it here or via private message?

I would PM DI. He’s in charge of this one.

#20083 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Great idea, hope it really blesses someone.

#20084 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

Very cool!

#20087 Reply
    Aaron Marsden

Way to be! 🙂

#20090 Reply
    Steve Ballard

How kind and thoughtful of you. It does my heart good to see things like this.

#20092 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Nice one DI

#20100 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

great idea man!

#20205 Reply
    Alex

Hello Desire Inspires! My name is Alex, I am from France. When I read your offer I was not sure it was actually true! But it seems to be 🙂
    I have a friend in mind who I believe, deserve it. Where should I write to you? I don’t have an account myself on the website so I don’t think I can PM you?
    Cheers,
    Alex

#20206 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Dear Alex,

Write your response here. Thanks.

DI

#20247 Reply
    Alex

Ok thank you.

So like I said I am originally from France but I’ve just arrived in New York for work(I am a sound engineer). I have a good friend of mine from Marseille that is extremely talented; 24 years old, gold medal degree in Jazz Drumming from the conservatory of Aix en Provence, but also multi instrumentalist, bass, wonderful guitar playing and great vocals. He produces his own music, compose for short movies.

I’ve been trying to push him to take it to the next level for a few years.

And I think that he is ready now.

We looked together at where to place his music. Which websites, search for the right music supervisors, etc. But the internet if full of good and bad informations.

That is why I’m convinced he needs to subscribe to MusicLibraryReport in order to sort it out, know what’s worth pitching to. And make some contacts as well !! I’ve heard about it through friends and they highly recommended it. But I’m sure he will not pay because like many musicians he is broke.. I hope that by giving him the opportunity to try it, it will push him to subscribe to it.

Here is some of his music if you want to listen to it:

Thanks,
    Alex

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Free Access to MLR on me!!!
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us