Freelance Post Production Mixing Rate?

Home Forums General Questions Freelance Post Production Mixing Rate?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

In that big long list of “how to charge” clients, the only FAIR and VIABLE (long term career-wise) way is “per hour”

Absolutely! When I had my studio in L.A. (80s to early 90s) I was charging $50 an hour and would never do anything but. Even though the studio was in my home I always had great clients and they got it. Of course there would always be the occasional client who would try to give you grief one way or another.

Ahh, the 80s. I sure do not miss engineering though. Don’t miss keeping under the radar from zoning and the Franchise Tax board trying to put studios out of business.

Hey LAwriter you should come up to Oxnard and we can commiserate on the “old” days. I’ll buy lunch!

#29206 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Hey LAwriter you should come up to Oxnard and we can commiserate on the “old” days. I’ll buy lunch!

Oxnard?? Did you survive the fires and subsequent flooding? I sure hope so. What devastation. Next time I’m up towards that area I’ll PM you!! Love to get together and chat. I have plenty of war stories as well…. 🙂

#29208 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Oxnard?? Did you survive the fires and subsequent flooding?

All good here. A few days of bad air but we are down by the beach surrounded by water so no real threat. Ironically, I’ve always lived in the hills in L.A. but this is one time I’m glad we are on flat land.

Next time I’m up towards that area I’ll PM you!!

Look forward to it!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Reply #29205 in Freelance Post Production Mixing Rate?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us