From Chicago, IL

Home Forums Introduce Yourself From Chicago, IL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ptdata
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m brand new here…excited to learn more about libraries. I don’t really know where to begin.

I’ve had great success with one single library that I licensed 10 songs to almost 10 years ago. I actually got incredibly lucky with a song placement on the series finale of Smallville, which was a dream placement when it happened.

To this day, I’m still getting quarterly checks, and I’m finding out these songs are still being placed on new shows regularly, which is awesome. To my knowledge, they’re a great company, because they’ve given me tons of exposure I wouldn’t have gotten otherwise, and they’ve always been good to me…but at the same time, I don’t fully understand contracts, or what competition to that library is, or what other possibilities there are out there.

I realize I never took music licensing as seriously as I should have when I first got involved in this world, and I know there’s an abundance of money to be made out there with our music, and I was told MusicLibraryReport was the best resource out there on this journey.

I’m a little lost navigating the site right now, because I just signed up about 30 minutes ago, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out! I’m mainly trying to find a listing of libraries and who is reputable/contact information/genres/styles, etc… I’m guessing I’ll find all that stuff soon enough. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: From Chicago, IL
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us