GAC, HGTV, DIY, Cooking Channel, TV Land, Destination America, etc in 2021

Home Forums Commentary GAC, HGTV, DIY, Cooking Channel, TV Land, Destination America, etc in 2021

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats Lincoman. One of the better paying shows. Maybe because it started out as a Canadian show?

#40102 Reply
    White_Stripes
    Participant

regarding univision – had the following with BMI in my last statement:
    0:14 for 7.67$
    1:17 for 34.34$
    3:02 for 213.34$

#40682 Reply
    Lincoman
    Participant

Hi all,

Now that DIY has become the Magnolia network and is a part of Discovery + (which charges a subscription), do we think we might get some backend here? I have a number of new tracks popping up on new shows on this network. Thoughts?

#41661 Reply
    White_Stripes
    Participant

so anyone seen royalties from the Magnolia Network in the meantime?

#41663 Reply
    Daniel de P.

Hello all, i happened to stumble upon this topic. I am a beginner (in librarymusic) over in Europe and have recently learned that apparently once a cue gets broadcasted via streaming, that it’s creator(s) won’t receive any performance royalties for it. It was explained to me that since there isn’t any mention of ‘streaming’ in any (Neighbouring Rights) laws yet, that the performance / master royalties simply wouldn’t be paid out. I was told that this was the case for the world and that it hopefully would be addressed at some point in the coming years. I was and am truly baffled to hear this tbh. What if one lands a big sync (that they performed on & own) that gets streamed/broadcasted worldwide? Is it just some ‘deal with it’ type thing?!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Reply #40102 in GAC, HGTV, DIY, Cooking Channel, TV Land, Destination America, etc in 2021
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us