General Client budget question

Home Forums General Questions General Client budget question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pat

I was wondering if a library says,”We need x type of song and the client has a 5k budget, does that generally mean the client is willing to pay 5k for the right song period or that the 5k is for the composer book a studio and hire musicians to record the song he got accepted accept?
    Thanks

#31485 Reply
    b1nrybl0ke
    Participant

Difficult to answer without a little more information on the song/demo that was accepted, but I would guess the latter plus whatever you can get on the backend.

#31486 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hi Pat, I’ve always interpreted that as the library looking for an existing track. Broadcast ready, as they sat.

#31487 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi Pat, I’ve always interpreted that as the library looking for an existing track. Broadcast ready, as they sat.

Yes, it sounds like they want to spend up to 5k for an existing Song/Track that they feel is a match for their needs.

#31493 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks Michael and Beatslinger for the response. That’s kind of how I took it but wanted more feedback.

#31494 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks Wes_B. I just emailed a library that sent out a call like that and asked how that works “generally” speaking. I’ll relay what he says.

#31495 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

ok, I got a reply from a library that has sent out a similar request so generally – x amount for the right song. If the composer wants to create it there is no guarantee.(Not sure what the last part means).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: General Client budget question
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us