General variable licensing platforms/plugin (now that youlicense is down)?

Home Forums General Questions General variable licensing platforms/plugin (now that youlicense is down)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Small_Ocean
    Participant

Hey guys. I’m selling music on various vendors, but on my own website I always directed customers to YouLicense.com to license a track as they have a nice flexible licensing platform and I kept 100% of the purchase price.

As some might be aware, YouLicense is clearly not actively maintained right now, and has recently gone offline (not the first time this has happened).

Assuming YouLicense won’t be around for much longer, has anyone got any recommendations for alternative platforms for direct music licensing with variable and possibly customized legal licenses on offer? Or perhaps even a website/wordpress plugin designed for that task or something like that?

So far possible alternatives I’ve heard about is Source Audio, License Quote, and Tunebud. However, I’m unsure about the pricing of these platforms.

There is also this: http://www.musiclicensingsoftware.com/ However I already have a website and would rather not start from scratch. Ideally some kind of wordpress plugin with ready made boilerplate license documents would be absolutely ideal, but otherwise a decent and inexpensive service similar to YouLicense would also be excellent.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jonathan Hyde
    Small Ocean

#27129 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’ve heard about is Source Audio, License Quote, and Tunebud. However, I’m unsure about the pricing of these platforms.

Source Audio is expensive, LicenseQuote is more affordable if you use Amazon S3 to store your files.

I have another site I’m building with WordPress, eStore plugin and eMember.

#27130 Reply
    Small_Ocean
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: General variable licensing platforms/plugin (now that youlicense is down)?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us