Genres and sales……..

Home Forums Newbie Questions Genres and sales……..

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    LAwriter
    Participant

re: Genre’s vs. Sales. Honestly, I don’t think you can predict it. My most used tracks are ones that I probably would have thrown away. My least used – some that I consider masterpieces… Go figure.

As for styles and what to write, I think you have to be wide reaching. If you’re only writing rock because it’s hot right now, you’re going to get the short end of the stick and see your sales drop thru the floor when tastes change. A wide variety of music and styles and types of libraries is what creates longevity.

#17629 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

A wide variety of music and styles and types of libraries is what creates longevity.

+1

#17637 Reply
    zartan87
    Participant

I feel genre writing, either done by purpose, or falling into it! Becomes more about focusing on control, meaning after awhile you find you do have a better bearing and understanding of who your target audience, publishers, production companies, and potential licensing/sales are who work in it and that becomes who you present it to. So it becomes opposite from say blanketing music styles or waiting on ups/sales to find your tracks. It empowers you to have a specific product which you can drive people to that you know utilize it. And like it or not, you become more of an authority on the genre by working in it. If you love scoring it all the merrier!!

#17638 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

A wide variety of music and styles and types of libraries is what creates longevity.

+1 also. Some of my most successful tracks are in genres I jumped into without prior experience.

#17641 Reply
    AaronM

If you love scoring it all the merrier!!

It’s nice when you can find a niche that you really enjoy.

Some of my most successful tracks are in genres I jumped into without prior experience.

This has often been my experience too!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Genres and sales……..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us