Has a library ever asked for your account an routing number?

Home Forums General Questions Has a library ever asked for your account an routing number?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RustyP

Hi folks,
    I’m beginning a relationship with a “new to me” library. They’re also relatively new. I won’t mention the name because I don’t want to cast them in a bad light.

they’ve asked me for a routing and account number for payments. It seems like there would be easier and less potentially problematic ways to pay.
    Would this concern you, have you come across this before?

Of course my employer has these details, and ASCAP does, and other well known and huge organizations. but this library seems pretty small.

Should I find others to work with?

Thanks!
    Rusty

#38384 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

heyโ€™ve asked me for a routing and account number for payments. It seems like there would be easier and less potentially problematic ways to pay.
    Would this concern you,

Yes, that would concern me on a new, small, company.

#38385 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

I submitted my bank info to a library I just joined… however, they seem to be a well established, large player.

#38386 Reply
    RustyP

Well, I took the advice of a person I consider to be a straight shooter, and he reminded me that any check I hand over has all of that very same information on it.

So I preyed for the best and filled out the docs.

We’ll see how it goes.

๐Ÿ™‚

#38390 Reply
    jhewitt79
    Participant

I would not be concerned.

#38396 Reply
    Dreamuse
    Participant

I’ve had autodeposit with several libraries, but the’ve asked me ahead of time if I wanted check or autodep.

#38398 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Yes, itโ€™s part of the required details for sending you money via ACH or wire transfer. Make sure you give them the electronic routing number – not the physical check one (big banks often have two different ones).

#38399 Reply
    RustyP

Yes @Mark_Petrie, I totally get that, but I believe this was the first one which asked me for the info for ACH transfers.
    Previously it’s been Paypal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Has a library ever asked for your account an routing number?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us