Having A Social Media Presence

Home Forums General Questions Having A Social Media Presence

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Social media has worked wonders for me. Every time I upload a new track to Soundcloud, I get contacted by hot young ladies in bikinis who love me and my music. So who says social media doesn’t work??

I also get enough likes to warrant Grammy consideration just after uploading..and strangely no one’s even listened 🙂 here’s a tool I found to find out if someone you’re following is following you – http://soundcloud.onloop.net/ what I find there is people follow you and then after a few days unfollow you to boost their followers..this following thing is pretty ridiculous and I wish they would do away with it but I do like the groups there..to get back to the thread I do Facebook but it’s hard to get likes and anyone to pay attention – Twitter – hoping to catch the eyes/ears of some music supervisors and that’s about it for me anymore. I’ve had a few bands over the years and tried everything from myspace to mp3.com…it’s a lot of work and now that I just write and record hoping for placements I don’t think I even need the Facebook anymore..Soundcloud is essential though IMO.

#15619 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I think we need to separate 2 possible uses for social media for film/TV songwriters & composers…

(1) Using it directly as a way to reach out and and market ourselves. (e.g. using some or all of the tools provided)

(2) Having a good place to host music so we can send links when making contacts through more conventional means.

Not at all knocking social media as in #1. I’m sure some have found effective use for it that way. But I would venture to guess that a very large percentage of use for peeps like us falls under #2.

Jay, I agree that a SC page is essential. But is it mainly for #2 (bikini clad girls excepted)?

And please don’t shatter my illusions that Soundcloud User696969 doesn’t really like me and my music. She sends that message to everyone?? Those photos aren’t *personally* for me? Damn! 😛

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Having A Social Media Presence
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us