Hello from SW Florida

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from SW Florida

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mspak1
    Participant

Hello,
    Glad to have found this site, I’m a songwriter just trying to figure out the lay of the land and this site is proving invaluable. Thanks Art Munson!
    My gigging days are over, I hate bars and late nights at this point in my life so I’m exploring this avenue and am enthusiastic to see where it leads.
    Thank you to all the contributors here from whom I’ve already learned a ton!

#32280 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant
    #32281 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Welcome Mspak1.

My gigging days are over, I hate bars and late nights at this point in my life

Amen to that!

#32283 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant

#32286 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi there Mspak1, and welcome.
    Great tones with The Acoustic. I personally think that is “quite possibly your ave”.
    I would love to hear some stuff from you, minus any drums or things that would make it “current, trendy, or hip”.

I think You’re on to something if you can do some “heartwarming, and possibly nostalgic pieces”.

Just my thoughts.

#32287 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant

Thanks Beatslinger for the feedback! I’m going to do just that.
    My music is all over the map but the acoustic guitar is my first love!
    That was recorded with a Samson Go mic set to omni mode which really works well for that guitar.
    Those Samson mics are an amazing sleeper bargain for a small diaphragm condenser mic.

#32288 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant

Just curious Beatslinger, do you mean nostalgic like , Pat Metheny, Lyle Mayes duets with pads and tons of ambience or nostalgic like Bert Jansch?

#32290 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Just curious Beatslinger, do you mean nostalgic like , Pat Metheny, Lyle Mayes duets with pads and tons of ambience or nostalgic like Bert Jansch?

Nostalgic like Jim Croce, and Pat Metheny. You’re getting really “Solid and Warm tones. As well, there is a lot of confidence in the playing”.

For pads, I would think “retro”. Arp 2600, Arp String Ensemble, Odyssey, Fender Rhodes MK/MkII
    and Standard Piano

Like I said, just thoughts..

#32293 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Welcome! Central Florida here.

#32294 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant

Hi Mike!
    Thanks again for the feedback Beatslinger. Funny, I’ve Got A Name was in my head recently, also is such a visceral early memory, carpooling to kindergarten with that blasting on the radio in the 70’s. It is the definition of nostalgia to me!
    Still sounds amazing.

#32296 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Wow I do envy you guys Mspak1 and Art ….I’m still out there gigging it at 61 eventually it will be over for me too…I do occasional get to go home early…..lol…. for what it’s worth and really weird is since I’ve been producing my own music for libraries over the past few years. Somehow this has made me a better listening musician when playing out live. I can’t explain it except maybe because I’ve had to learn where other instruments and vocals live in the mix other than my guitar…or maybe I’ve just learned how to deflate my own ego….lol

Mspak1 I’m thinking sounds a bit like Michael Hedges…I’d put some synth or pads underneath IMHO…..welcome aboard!

#32308 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant

Cyberk91 thanks for the input.
    Hedges is a huge influence, I’ll never forget hearing Aerial Boundries for the first time.
    I had the pleasure of seeing Hedges more than once. Ragamuffin still slays me every time.

#32309 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

No problem…I actually got to meet and hang out a little with Will Ackerman, the founder of Windham Hill Records…think he and Hedges were good friends back in the day..

#32312 Reply
    Mspak1
    Participant

Aerial Boundries was recorded in Ackerman’s couch I’m pretty sure.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #32290 in Hello from SW Florida
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us