Hello from the UK! Advice Please…

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from the UK! Advice Please…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HaynesMusic
    Participant

Hi all,

Hope you’re well!

A little about me: I’m a professional composer and producer based here in the UK. I manage to carve out a career producing singer/songwriters and doing custom music for local animators and corporate video makers.

I’m tentatively looking into submitting material to music libraries, as I’m always composing and have a lot of really good stuff unused. I approached Premiumbeat a couple of years ago who, after emailing back and forth, ultimately rejected my material, and since then I’ve been a bit worried about approaching anyone else.

I’ve been reading a lot of the posts on here (as well as the Make music Make Money e-book) but just have a question of my own. What it largely boils down to, is:

Do music libraries require more of the things that are popular in their libraries, or more of the stuff that hey haven’t got?

For example, I can see that the U2/Coldplay stuff is popular, and being a lifelong U2 fan, I can come up with the that stuff very easily. But is it likely to make a contact at a music library yawn?

Any advice on the best way to approach would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben

PS Here is my website: http://www.haynesmusic.com

#26696 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Do music libraries require more of the things that are popular in their libraries, or more of the stuff that hey haven’t got?

We (Robin and I) write a little of everything, including some Latin, Italian, Country, retro show tune/cheesy as well the typical U2, Coldplay and corporate. Most of it has sold on RF sites or been placed on TV shows. I think it’s good to have a mixed bag of inventory.

#26699 Reply
    HaynesMusic
    Participant

Thanks Art. I certainly have a mixed bag of styles so I’ll see what I can do!

#26723 Reply
    AndyH
    Participant

Hi Ben

I would second Art’s comment. Also, for what it’s worth, when approaching libraries I just send examples of what I think I do best (or what I think is my best stuff). That way, based on their response, I find out from the outset if the library is a good fit for what I think I do. The ‘auditioning’ process becomes a two way street in that manner – you can get a sense of what a particular library is about. That said, if there’s scope for sending a number of tracks, go for what you think are your strongest genres plus maybe a couple of other examples. Just my approach though…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #26723 in Hello from the UK! Advice Please…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us