- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months, 1 week ago by SomeGuyDoingStuff.
- April 12, 2019 at 9:33 pm #32079SomeGuyDoingStuffGuest
Hey good folks of MLR,
Looking for some tips on this mix. It’s not an overly complicated heap of sound, but I can’t quite get the mix right and was hoping to get some advice. Obviously any critiques on the composition itself are always welcomed. Thanks in advance!April 13, 2019 at 6:52 am #32083BEATSLINGERParticipant
It’s A Pretty Piece!
Couple/few things that caught me were.
* The Piano and the Cello are you major issue. Piano (I like how it feels, kind of moody but) could brighten just a hair around 1.5k to 3k. being careful not to get “brittle”
* The Cello is “floating around” by either panning effect, or the “throw” of the reverb. Cello’s don’t float.
*There is “to me” a Lower-Mids “Tubby” thing going. You’ll get a lot more clarity rolling out some of those.
* Possibly positioning the Cello slightly right (because it comes in first) and the lower-mid woodwinds (that get introduced later) slightly left. will give you the separation you need to clear that “center isle” a bit and let the piano and melody line come thru.April 14, 2019 at 3:04 pm #32091SomeGuyDoingStuffGuest
thanks for the feedback! Lots of good info here.