Hi from USA Midwest

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hi from USA Midwest

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whipplelopez
    Participant

Hi –
    I have been meaning to join this site for a while now, and finally got around to it a couple of days ago.
    I am a composer/songwriter and lyricist.
    I’m interested in library information, plus any industry info in general, to help me make clear and informed decisions about where and how to pitch my music

All the best

Whipple

#30278 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

You have come to the right place. I suggest going into all the archives over here and doing that research for yourself. Every composer has unique skills and there is no one size fits all approach here. Best of luck

#30279 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi there Whipple. You are in the right place. I have made tremendous strides in getting into some really great Libraries/Catalogs here. A few pointers/things to take note of..

1) Know what you want, and set a plan for achieving it. Do you want to primarily have residual back-end royalties, do you want to compose/write for Royalty Free, do you need upfront monies, are you looking at mainly Film Supervisors, etc..

2) Read ALL of the Library Ratings and Reviews!! There is great information in them, and some really honest candor!!

3) Watch the conversations that happen inside the Forum Topics. You will get a LOT of great information there, and get to see some solid information from real industry veterans!!

I wish you all the best, and to you all much success!!

(side-note) One of the big “peeves” here is newer people asking a lot of questions about how to get “from 0-to-100 in one second”. To my knowledge, there simply is no fast-track, or “known” set way to earn 6 figures just by joining forums. This is a “Long-Haul business” where setting a course, and building placements/track-record WILL get you into bigger Libraries. Lots of work and preparation seem to be the key!!

#30357 Reply
    whipplelopez
    Participant

Thanks to all who replied. I understand that this business is the long haul and that is what i am planning for even thought quick success is never unwanted. I am hoping to share ideas, share tips, collaborate and hopefully find success. i am exploring what I want to focus on and what I think is possible. i will keep at it and thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #30279 in Hi from USA Midwest
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us