Hoping for Feedback on My Mixes

Home Forums Critiques Hoping for Feedback on My Mixes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jforte1
    Participant

Hello there,
    I was hoping some of the more experienced members here could give me some feedback as to the mixing of these tracks.

I’ve been writing/recording music for a some time time but always struggle when it comes to mixing – especially cleaning things up in the low-end.

I was also hoping to get some general advice as to how to “shop” these tracks better to libraries. I am a bit slow & put a lot of time into my albums hoping the quality will eventually get them placed in higher tier libraries.. So far I have 57 with Pond 5, 1 with Audio Jungle, and a handful with Indietracks.. Only 2 sales from Pond 5 over 8 months…

What am I missing to be able to get my music placed?

My goal was to write music that appeals to me & could work as the opening credits for a Netflix show. Currently reading Stephen King’s Dark Tower series so you might hear some of that influence there..

Thanks in advance for your input!
    -Jforte

#36086 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#36088 Reply
    mikevan

Hi
    Just a few things… Overall sound is good, low end is clean, maybe even too much, I wouldn’t mind a bit more bass frequencies in there. Percussion and especially shakers are maybe a bit too loud and bright, they distract a little from the other instruments. I hear a lot of elements on the right channel so the stereo image sounds a little out of balance. Guitars are good but drums sound a bit flat: repetitive samples with little dynamics that detract from the ‘organic-ness’ of the tracks.
    Hope this helps.

#36122 Reply
    Jforte1
    Participant

Hello Mikevan, Thanks for your feedback – much appreciated. I am in the process of re-listening to the mixes with your notes now that I haven’t touched them for a while..

Thanks again.

Julian

#36148 Reply
    mikevan
    Participant

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Hoping for Feedback on My Mixes
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us