Hornberg HB1 MIDI Breath Station

Home Forums Hardware Hornberg HB1 MIDI Breath Station

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Has anyone seen this? Looks very interesting and breath control is something that has always interested me but I never wanted to learn an EWI!

From the ad I received.

“The HB1 MIDI Breath Station from Hornberg Research lets you add natural expression to any electronic instrument or peripheral device with MIDI or USB.

Breath controllers have long been used to add critical nuance and detail to standard keyboard performances, but after spending a few minutes with the hb1, you’ll understand why this goes far beyond any typical breath controller.”

#24721 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#24723 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I remember seeing that before and thinking that the $899 price tag is a bit steep.

Here’s another option. http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-bite-controller-2

Something I’d certainly consider, if I were trying to pursue high-end work.

#24731 Reply
    Per Boysen
    Participant

Interesting post! I really like breath control. So far I have indeed played the EWI, but found no breath based solution for two-handed keyboard playing, instead of relying on expression pedals. Now, this post gave me the exciting idea to build a desktop stand for my EWI and use it for enhanced musical expression; just merging its CC#1 and/or #2 output into whatever polyphonic stuff I’m playing with bo hands on the keyboard (mostly an Ableton Push in my case, as I like it better than the conventional piano styled keys layout).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hornberg HB1 MIDI Breath Station
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us