How important do you think it is to offer alternate versions in RF libraries?

Home Forums General Questions How important do you think it is to offer alternate versions in RF libraries?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Per Boysen

When I make a loop I copy the last part of the loop range and splice it into the track before the loop start, just to have reverb tails etc fall into place when the range is being looped.

#31811 Reply
    omre
    Participant

I would normally leave a tiny space at the beginning of a clip (i.e. 1/10th to 2/10th of a second). However, for the “loop” clip version, does it make sense to still place a small spacer at the beginning of the clip? So if one were to truly loop the clip it would seamlessly loop back without any pauses. Or, do we place a spacer and leave it up to the media producer to perfectly meld the loops back to back, and leave it to them to eliminate any space between loop playbacks?

#31812 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

However, for the “loop” clip version, does it make sense to still place a small spacer at the beginning of the clip? So if one were to truly loop the clip it would seamlessly loop back without any pauses. Or, do we place a spacer and leave it up to the media producer to perfectly meld the loops back to back, and leave it to them to eliminate any space between loop playbacks?

Sounds like a horrible idea to me. The last thing you want is for a client to figure out how to make a loop, “loop”!

#31813 Reply
    omre
    Participant

Good pointgood pointgood point…

#31823 Reply
    omre
    Participant

“to have reverb tails etc fall into place when the range is being looped”
    Just tried your suggestion, I slightly overlapped the end decay into the beginning made a subtle but nice difference, thanks for the tip!

#32113 Reply
    StevenOBrien
    Participant

Alternate versions make up 72% of my sales on Pond5.

#32353 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I do alternates but kind of quit focusing on RF libraries. Most haven’t earned a dime in years. But just last week I got 5 sales in one day on Pond5.

#32622 Reply
    DavidM
    Participant

Can I just ask: what is meant by ‘DnB’?

#32623 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Can I just ask: what is meant by ‘DnB’?

Drums and Bass

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Reply #31811 in How important do you think it is to offer alternate versions in RF libraries?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us