How long to wait?

Home Forums General Questions How long to wait?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What do you all think is a reasonable amount of time to wait after an exclusive submission? I’ve been using two weeks as a guideline. I think with everyone going exclusive, there should be some responsibility on the part of the library to quickly review your music so it doesn’t sit on the shelf.

#17984 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

A month seems reasonable to me.

#17988 Reply
    Chuck Mott

One month seems reasonable. Realist in me would say if they don’t respond after a follow up take it as a rejection and move on. Don’t know that I would advocate ringing a high end exclusive after a week, but will let the more experienced folks here speak on that. I don’t know your stuff but I see these libraries as being tough to crack, so I would do an honest appraisal and A/B my stuff against the best of theirs before I attempted to submit.

#17990 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

I find that if THEY are interested in your stuff, THEY will contact you with in a few days. If I never get a response, I will wait a year and re-submit. I only send them a link to my tunes as a demo. I would never send certain cues only to a certain library. Cues stuck in limbo, or on a shelf, can’t make you any money! It’s first come, first served. If there are certain tunes they like, that have already been placed by then, tell them you can write something new, that sounds like it!

#18061 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Waiting is the hardest part of the business, whether that is waiting for approval or waiting for payment. Patience is almost more important than talent. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: How long to wait?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us