How Loops are used by buyers

Home Forums General Questions How Loops are used by buyers

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mmuser
    Participant

Hi,
    I always wondering about, how the loops are used by buyers. I don’t have any idea about that. I think, that knowing the potential uses, it would affect largely the way i would construct the loops (duration, instrumentation, tempo..).

For example
    a) would it better to have active melodies in them or it would be preferable to be more like underscores? (Bed Loops).
    b) what is the range of durations that are more “attractive” for the buyers. Does it make any sense to make an “1 minute loop”? (the max duration i sold, was an 45secs loop).

#27290 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

a) would it better to have active melodies in them or it would be preferable to be more like underscores? (Bed Loops).

I would say bed loops but then again I’ve done both and should probably stick to bed.

b) what is the range of durations that are more “attractive” for the buyers. Does it make any sense to make an “1 minute loop”? (the max duration i sold, was an 45secs loop).

I usually do 4 or 8 bar but re-thinking that as I think longer would sell better.

#27305 Reply
    mmuser
    Participant

Thank you very much Art! Any clue/assumption for potential loops uses? I would only think the beginning looped music of DVDs.

#27306 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Any clue/assumption for potential loops uses?

One library owner had mentioned that some users like longer loops (2 minutes or so) sitting under dialog of longer video productions. They could just stack the loops end to end for continuous music.

#27307 Reply
    mmuser
    Participant

Very useful information! I’ll give it a try with longer loops too. Thanks a lot Art!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: How Loops are used by buyers
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us