How many cues created on a weekly basis…

Home Forums General Questions How many cues created on a weekly basis…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Here’s how you fit that chamber orchestra into your house Peter. 😀

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/26/389045445/scoring-at-risk-how-the-house-of-cards-composer

#23161 Reply
    Peter

Hmm.. my room is slightly smaller than that one 😉

#23162 Reply
    Kiwi

Thanks for that link, MichaelL. Jeff Beal is an inspiring dude.

To be clear, in my comments I wasn’t intending to imply that I think real instruments are necessarily superior to sample libraries. In my view there’s no competition – it’s just a matter of choosing the right tool for the job. Using real instruments plays into my personal strengths as a musician and producer. I think playing into those strengths is what makes a difference for me, not necessarily which tool I choose. Having said that, I do think that there are plenty of library folks out there who will more readily check something out when they know there are actual instruments involved. Of course, if those instruments aren’t recorded or played well then getting their attention could easily work against you. Superior production is essential regardless of what instruments are used – real or sampled.

#23294 Reply
    andrej
    Participant

Hmm, Spent the whole morning recording trumpet and clarinet and yesterday tracking drums then gating compressing etc.Sometimes I think just get some kind of virtual drums software and life would be easier,still real stuff are real

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Reply #23151 in How many cues created on a weekly basis…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us