How Many Libraries

Home Forums General Questions How Many Libraries

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    B Minus

Hi,

I was thinking it would be interesting to hear other people’s stats on this:

1. How many libraries do you have music with in total?

2. What % of your income comes from each one?

I’ll start off with my stats:

1. 6

2. 96% from one library, 2% from another, 2% from another, nothing from the other 3 yet. I expect library two to increase its share substantially this year.

#9759 Reply
    B Minus

I forgot to say also to Art – maybe you could do an interesting poll on this like the ‘best month’ one in the sidebar? What do you think?

#9760 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

That sounds about right. I make the majority of my royalties through one library. I have music in about 10 total, but only one provides the bulk of my royalties. 

For now, I am going to take a huge risk and put all of my eggs in one basket. I am going to submit about 30 cues to this one site. I know that I should diversify my catalog and spread my music. But I have a hard time submitting more music to companies that have only provided small trickles of income.

I have pretty much given up on submitting to new companies. I cannot lay blame to other companies. I do not know why I  not getting placements from some of the other companies I am with. But I just do not feel comfortable sending in more music.

#9761 Reply
    B Minus

Oh yes, I forgot to add – how many tracks in each one would be very interesting too.

I have about 80 tracks in the main library, just put 30 with the second one. Going with them based on a personal recommendation from someone else who says they’ve done well there. And to be fair, I only have about 5-10 in all the other libraries.

#9765 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@B Minus: Unfortunately The polling software does not allow for multiple questions. What singular question would you like?

#9766 Reply
    B Minus

Hey Art – now I think about it, it would be really interesting to ask how many tracks people have for sale in total.

E.g:

Option 1: 0-10

2: 10-20

3: 20-50

4: 50-100

5: 100-150

6: 150-200

7: 200-500

8: 500+

What do you reckon?

#9767 Reply
    Del Smyth

Yes, that is indeed really interesting.

#9769 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #9770 Reply
    B Minus

Oh wow, I hadn’t ever seen that.

How about the question: “What percent of your income comes from your top library?”

#9785 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #9787 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I know you can’t to compound questions, but it would be interesting to see how income and number of tracks correlate. For example, does everyone making 100K have 500+ tracks?

#9807 Reply
    B Minus

Heya,

I did the poll before that question, and it now doesn’t let me answer the new question. Any way around this – guessing it affects others too?

#9808 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@B Minus. I just tried it here and no problem. Answering one poll does not prevent you from answering the others. Try clearing your cache and cookies or another browser.

Art

#9811 Reply
    B Minus

Thanks, got it working now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: How Many Libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us