How many music libraries are you in?

Home Forums General Questions How many music libraries are you in?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dan P

A friendly e-mail every now and then to check the status.
    Until you sell some tracks to see what works keep the e-mails to a minimum.

#5519 Reply
    jimandroz

What is a reversion clause?
    Thanks!
    Roz

#5520 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

jimandroz:
    What is a reversion clause?
    Thanks!
    Roz

Any rights you sign away in a contract revert back to you after a specific time or if certain criteria isn’t met (as an example, an income threshold or placements).

#5523 Reply
    Roz Richards

Thanks!

#5525 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Roz: Good idea to give it 2 years.Another question I have is how does one tactfullycommunicate to a library, how is everything proceeding?I try at times to get a little info from them about thingsthey are doing to get my music out and hear very little feedback.I do it in a friendly way, but what are some ways for me to get themto talk to me more so I can provide them with more of what will sellin that company, etc.ThanksRoz

It’s always best to start your email with “Listen F*ckhead!”… HA… 😛 😉

It’s a tough call. You certainly don’t want to contact a library very often and become annoying to them. Many have a “If we have something to tell you, we will” policy. Others, more friendly to the inquiries. You could try after 1-2 years to politely ask if your tracks have been involved in any pitches and if they have any impressions. If they don’t respond, I’d probably let it go unless your email to them had more pressing questions.

The bottom line is as long as you do this very sparingly and are professional & polite, you’ll be fine.

🙂

#5527 Reply
    jimandroz

Thanks for your response!
    I’m sorry, but are the n umbers in your
    post references to past posts?
    I’m new to this site. How do you find the posts if so?

Thanks
    Roz
    funny btw.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: How many music libraries are you in?
Your information: