How many non-exclusive agreements should I sign?

Home Forums Newbie Questions How many non-exclusive agreements should I sign?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    streetblaze
    Participant

Hi Team:

I have gotten maybe 4-5 non-exclusive agreement request. It is wise to sign all since you music can keep getting reused?

Whats the stopping point?

#31383 Reply
    Paul Biondi

@streetblaze

Whats the stopping point?

Imagine you’re with several non-excl libraries. They have your tracks and one of those tracks airs on TV BUT you don’t get paid. Missing cue sheet, etc. Which library do you contact to hunt down a placement that possibly wasn’t their doing? And when you call your PRO they’re going to ask you “which library licensed it?”

So with that scenario, there is potential for lost income.

#31388 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Imagine you’re with several non-excl libraries. They have your tracks and one of those tracks airs on TV BUT you don’t get paid. Missing cue sheet, etc. Which library do you contact to hunt down a placement that possibly wasn’t their doing? And when you call your PRO they’re going to ask you “which library licensed it?”
    So with that scenario, there is potential for lost income.

Just have your PRO do a “Queue/Data Base Search” That includes the name of the track(s) and your name. Depending on which PRO you have they “almost” always have the cue sheets, and there are many more writers & composers that would be on that sheet “hopefully with you”..

#33799 Reply
    SirDort
    Participant

Then what’s the conclusion? What’s too many? 15, 20, 25?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #31383 in How many non-exclusive agreements should I sign?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us