How many payments come from an ad?

Home Forums General Questions How many payments come from an ad?

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Chango.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TenRoomsAudio
    Participant

I managed to get one of my library tracks on an ad last summer and I know I should expect a sync fee for it, but should I also expect back end royalties from everytime it plays on tv? It’s my first advert with one of my tracks so I don’t really know what to expect!

#39610 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You should but it depends on how much.

1. Do you belong to a PRO?
    2. Who placed the ad?
    3. Where and when is it running?
    4. How often is it running?

#39611 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

If it’s in a “Library”, and was not placed by a Sync Agent or someone that negotiates Sync Fees/One Stops. You might not have any Sync fee monies coming. A lot of the libraries are now subscription services, and if there are sync fees attached they normally keep them. Check your contract, and see what it says..

#39613 Reply
    TenRoomsAudio
    Participant

My PRO is PRS in the UK and the library I’m with sub-publish through BMG in the US, which was where the ad aired, so I presume they picked my track up from their catalogue.

It came up about 60-70 times on my Tunesat on various digital channels (MTV/VH1 kind of level) in August/September/October and it’s just started playing on tv again this month.

#39614 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Music TV.lol

#39615 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You should get something. Hard to know how much.

#39617 Reply
    Chango

You should definitely check your contract.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #39615 in How many payments come from an ad?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us