How much should I charge for a renewal fee?

Home Forums General Questions How much should I charge for a renewal fee?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    IDM
    Participant

Hi there!

I had a placement last year – terms were terrestrial TV in the North East for three months and for paid and organic web for one year. The original fee was $6k and they want to renew the TV license last year as that has just expired (paid web and social is valid through the end of the year).

My question is what the ballpark for renewal would be for just TV, same region from now to the end of the year or for one additional year- April 2022-23.

Anyone have any thoughts about market rate for renewal?

thanks!

#39652 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#39653 Reply
    tbj

Hey there!

The market rate for renewals is usually a 15% bump in the fee from the original license!

So, in this case, a fair renewal price for the same terms would be $6900. If it was a fraction of the length of the original you could pro-rate it against that price with a slight premium.

Hope that helps!

#39654 Reply
    jhewitt79
    Participant

I’m really interested in this topic. Is there a place on this website where rates are discussed? I’d really like to get a handle on what people are charging for their work. I certainly don’t want to be the guy who is charging far too little.

Thanks!

Jim
    http://www.jimhewitt.com

#39658 Reply
    IDM
    Participant

@jhewitt79 – I would love this information too. I know the business is constantly changing and market rate is dependent on which part of the market one is serving, but some sort of snapshot or comprehensive list would be such a great tool!

#39659 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

There are no rules. If the back end is decent tell them 50% of the original or just try for the original fee.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How much should I charge for a renewal fee?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us