How much to charge for a 5 sec stinger

Home Forums General Questions How much to charge for a 5 sec stinger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi Folks,

I’ve been asked to produce a short 5 second piece of music that will play under a production company’s logo at the beginning of web/youtube videos that they produce. Much of their work is for a Canadian hardware store chain. Does anyone know what the going rate would be for something like this?

#16304 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

I would ask for $95.00 per each different video, but they probably want a royalty free” buyout price that allows them to use it whenever and however. Royalty free sites offer existing cues like this pretty cheap, but I would say custom designing the music for the logo is as important as the video logo itself. Even though it’s only five seconds, I’ll bet it will take a bunch of back and forth until they are happy with your five seconds. Estimate the hours it will take and think about how much you would like to earn per hour.

#16305 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

$95 sounds OK, if you retain the rights to the music and get to license it to others, like through RF sites.

But, if the client is looking for branding, you’re going back and forth with concepts etc., and they want a buyout, for youtube/web, I’d ask for $250.

It really depends on how much you value what you do, and your track record.

#16335 Reply
    John

Thanks a million for the input guys! Much appreciated!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How much to charge for a 5 sec stinger
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us