How-to courses… good ones, bad ones, run away?

Home Forums Newbie Questions How-to courses… good ones, bad ones, run away?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

By companies, you mean the libraries? I think it’s off the point I’m making about different types of music, different types of markets, and how different strategies work for different people. It’s off topic with edge of an ax to grind with music libraries. I’m not even sure how my “broad strokes” comment went this direction.

I see very little of libraries trolling the forum and harassing patrons. In fact I can’t recall any harassment.

Firstly, by company, I am meaning company. As well, I have not pointed out any particular forum; nor have I pointed out any particular library!

I am speaking on what is “My Personal experience”, and how I now feel a need to not be as candid on ANY Forum.

You can spin this any way you want to, I could care less. “I know My Truth!”

#33876 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Actually, the easiest way to “get going, and make far less mistakes” is over to your right of your screen.

Does anyone just want to roll up their sleeves and get to it, finding out what works and what doesn’t the hard way anymore? I don’t. LOL

if someone could just tell me how to get rich in the production music biz, I’d really appreciate it. 🙂 :). I’m even willing to buy you dinner if it all works out. LOL

#33877 Reply
    CMM2020
    Participant

Getting rich? That’s quite a leap. Did I miss something?

#33878 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Getting rich? That’s quite a leap. Did I miss something?

“Rich” is a state of mind, and perhaps a level of satisfaction from accomplishments that were earned the hard way.

I can’t say for sure, but I am “almost” willing to put money on there being more 6 Figure income Writers & Composers that have been on THIS Music Library Forum; than any of the Subscription Services.

LAwriter, I have had a few people say they would like to buy Me Dinner & Drinks (I’m a cheap date, no alcohol; and have been sober close to 9 years) because of “giving a bit of assistance to finding a couple extra coins”..

#33879 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

if someone could just tell me how to get rich in the production music biz, I’d really appreciate it.

Easy. Sell a “How to Make it in the Production Music Biz” course. 😉

I suggest approaching “How to Courses” that make promises with caution and a fair amount of skepticism. I’ve watched a few of the videos from one of the authors mentioned in this thread and I can tell you that the legal advice offered in one of those videos is flat out wrong and potentially harmful. The advice offered could make the difference between being able to enforce your intellectual property rights and potentially losing thousands of dollars or being prevented protecting your rights altogether.

#33880 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

hi CMM, welcome aboard! in order to get more specific guidance on your journey, the folks here need to know where your at. maybe you dont need the basics, maybe you dont need to pay for any courses. maybe all you need to do is start submitting and getting your feet wet….

do you have any tracks your willing to post for feedback? whats your music production background? whats your studio setup? what are your strengths?

also, I think its still best to read up on all topics here, sometimes cetrain threads unrelated to your questions gets derailed but sprouts good info applicable to you…

#33881 Reply
    CMM2020
    Participant

I probably should have introduced myself properly but I didnt see the link until after I posted. Cart before the horse.
    I was a Nashville songwriter for 17 years. I have written over 1000 songs and have had songs on CMT and GAC back when it was still a country music channel. I have owned my own publishing company for 12 years with 3 writers on staff.

I have a ton of experience in the studio though not behind the console. I am very green at production. I have less than 20 tracks that I have produced myself. My studio is very very basic. I recently switched from Studio One to Logic X and love it so far. 1 mic, 1 interface, I play keyboard so for now thats my midi controller.

I’d love to post a track but how can I do this? I am not yet setup on sound cloud and do not have a dedicated website, so no links for now.

#33882 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

LAwriter, I have had a few people say they would like to buy Me Dinner & Drinks (I’m a cheap date, no alcohol; and have been sober close to 9 years) because of “giving a bit of assistance to finding a couple extra coins”..

Good for you Beatslinger!!! <<thumbsup>>. Coins or no coins, we should still do it!! Will be in contact early in the coming year…..

#33883 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Easy. Sell a “How to Make it in the Production Music Biz” course. ?

Haha Michael!!! You are not the first person that has suggest that to me. Not really the direction I want to head though. As long as I can make a comfortable living, I’d rather be doing it writing music. More than recording, mixing or performing, WRITING is what makes me happy. Creating something out of nothing.

And I agree, a healthy sense of skepticism would be sage advice to anyone starting out. Especially for those leading the minions to the gold mine. 🙂

#33884 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’d love to post a track but how can I do this?

Please see here CMM2020: https://musiclibraryreport.com/jukebox/

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 63 total)
Reply To: How-to courses… good ones, bad ones, run away?
Your information: