how to get USA Performance royallties for a worldwide christmas AD?

Home Forums General Questions how to get USA Performance royallties for a worldwide christmas AD?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Hi there

I wrote original music for a famous brand for a christmas AD that’s been airing for 3 years worldwide.
    I’ve just started 2 months ago to get various back end royalties from different countries (france / switzerland..)
    but I’ve the feeling getting USA back end will be very difficult.
    I’ve not got any pennies for USA since dec 2017.

1) Do you think I can claim back performances from this far ?

2) Do you absolutely have to go through the competitrack route ?
    3) Does it work if the composer is from a foreign PRO ? (not BMI nor ascap but the AD is actually registered to Ascap too )
    There is not that much airing in the US, only 60 according to tunesat.. but there is a lot of national like AMC/NBC/ABC so there is definitely a good check here.

4) BTW, around 30 national airing how much royalties could I pretend ? national airings are a mix of 30/60s versions.

best,

UP

#33766 Reply
    rhythmscott

It seems that as an ASCAP composer, using Numerator (used to be Competitrack) is your best bet for collecting royalties on the TV channels they monitor. Beyond that, it’s important that you contact Soundmouse and upload the music used in the ad to their system which uses audio detection software to hear when your song is being played on up to 450 channels worldwide and automatically generate cue sheets & send them to PRO’s on your behalf.

Read more about ASCAP’s music in advertisement collection processes here: https://www.ascap.com/help/royalties-and-payment/payment/musicinadvertisements

#33768 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I would hire a music consultant that specializes in “Royalty Recovery”. There are a TON of them out there, just take your time a find a good one!
    Also, there are publishing companies that you can hire to come in just for “The Admin of your commercial”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #33768 in how to get USA Performance royallties for a worldwide christmas AD?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us