Humbly seeking critiques and library recommendations • gtr + synths/electronics

Home Forums Critiques Humbly seeking critiques and library recommendations • gtr + synths/electronics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    andrelafosse
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m very new to the library game, and would be greatly appreciative of:

– Critiques and criticisms

– Recommendations of libraries that would be receptive to this kind of thing

Thanks so much!

–Andre

#30526 Reply
    BrianMcGravey
    Participant

Hi, Andre – I listened to clips of each track that you have on soundcloud. One comment is I think you need to engage the listener earlier, within the first 5-10 seconds. I usually introduce a new instrument every couple bars at the beginning of a track then gradually add new elements throughout. Another comment is that your “suspense/action/horror” cue doesn’t really sound like “action” in my opinion. Definitely has a suspenseful and horror feel to an extent but to me an action cue would be faster or more intense. Make sure your titles fit the song as best as possible. As far as libraries, you really just need to do some research and find libraries that are placing the type of music you are producing. Try looking at the top selling tracks of many different libraries until you find something that is in your general style/genre.

#30531 Reply
    andrelafosse
    Participant

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment on this stuff, Brian! Very much appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Humbly seeking critiques and library recommendations • gtr + synths/electronics
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us