importing your music into itunes library

Home Forums General Questions importing your music into itunes library

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Ok, I don’t see why this seems to be so difficult, but… I have my cues in mp3 format on my hard drive. I want to have automatically added to my itunes library when I save new files in that particular directory.

Is there a simple way to do that, or do I have have to import them via itunes every time?

#10052 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I looked at the Advanced Settings and it looks like you always have to import.

#10056 Reply
    mikevan

I convert my tracks directly in iTunes from the masters so I can bulk-convert all the cues in a track and add them to the library in one go. I can also create different bit rates for each track and organize them in different albums.

#10057 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“I convert my tracks directly in iTunes from the masters so I can bulk-convert all the cues in a track and add them to the library in one go.”

I do something similar. I also use “Tag&Rename” for bulk updating of the MP3 tags (Windows only though).

#10063 Reply
    mikevan

You can also bulk update the Tags by selecting them and hitting command-I on a Mac. I also create 2 or 3 different albums (like ‘License 128’ ‘License 192’or ‘License 320’ ) for different bit rates by selecting the tracks and changing just the album name before I convert them: it’s a quick way to convert and organize Mp3s for different uses.

#10064 Reply
    mikevan

I meant ‘selecting the tracks and hit ?-I

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: importing your music into itunes library
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us