Input on Promos and Station Identifiers on NICK TEEN

Home Forums Commentary Input on Promos and Station Identifiers on NICK TEEN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    More Advice

I’ve heard my track between every commercial break today on NICK TEEN, as what I would clasify as a “station identifier” or “Station Promo”? The visual shows what shows are on next during the next 3 time slots…say the 4:00 PM show, 5:00 PM, then the 5:30 show…There is no VO so the music is in the clear for 15 seconds, then it musically and visually “stings out” to the NICKELODEON LOGO on the last musical note.

I never had this type of use. Is it considered a promo? or “station identifier? It’s not promoting a particular show, it’s just the track playing while they promote the entire network and show what is on next visually as in the “upcoming schedule of shows”. Will it get on a cue sheet?

If it’s a PROMO, I probably won’t get paid as ASCAP’s “survey” will never pick it up….any thoughts on this usage?

#14106 Reply
    More Advice

If any ASCAP writer can advise on how to collect for this use…I’d appreciate it.

The track is on during every commercial break. I have confirmed that today. I personally have heard it 6 times today now.

#14110 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

That’s one of the reasons why most folks (that rely on TV placements) switch to BMI. 😉

#14123 Reply
    DDP
    Participant

Hey Art, could you clarify a bit here?

I’m a n00b, and I’m with ASCAP. I got my first 3 placements last year and they’re all on cable TV shows.

#14128 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hi DionPeete and welcome. Much has been written about this here and elsewhere. Here’s a good thread on it.

BMI vs ASCAP on royalties

#14129 Reply
    DDP
    Participant

Thanks for the link, Art. Sooooooooo muuuuuuch informaaaaaaaaaation. Good thing I’m on vacation for the next couple of weeks.

I really appreciate what you’re doing here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Input on Promos and Station Identifiers on NICK TEEN
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us