International Royalties

Home Forums PROs International Royalties

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Big milestone: my latest international distribution was greater than the sum of all my domestic statements last year. Thanks to all the seasoned composers here for a treasure trove of great info!

#32839 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Good to hear! I did okay, even took in a fair amount on the publishing side.

#32840 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Nice! I’ve got next to nothing on the publishing side. Waiting for some of these RF licenses to generate cue sheets. Hopefully soon!

#32841 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

congratz, question…how long did it take til you saw intl royalties trickle in, coming up to 2 yrs here and still no signs of intl presence yet with bmi (per my intl pubs)…ty

#32842 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Over 2 yrs for me on the intl side….and then a “slow” build, until year 4. (I’m like 4(ish) yrs in at this point).

#32848 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

This is portion of the industry is slow.

Knowing what I know now. The best things you can:
    1) Do not sit around and wait, counting money you “think you should get”.
    2) Do not count on this to save your life!

Get those thoughts out of your head, keep grinding, and shoot for The Top Tier!!

#32856 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

I agree with you beatslinger, as a popular saying goes “write, submit, forget, repeat”. but i do believe one of the treasures of this community is the sharing of experiences from seasoned members, not as a rule, but a barometer in order to adjust & evaluate every facet of the process moving forward. i’ve removed the money aspect of this industry long time ago since it is a hindrance, but the insight gained from others who are open to share real experiences is what makes being a member here worth the price of admission

. . . and yes i have learned a lot from you from my previous threads and am grateful . . .

#32857 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

and yes i have learned a lot from you from my previous threads and am grateful

Thank You for that! We learn a Lot from each other!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #32848 in International Royalties
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us