Introducing the Mark Awards to honor the best in production music

Home Forums News Introducing the Mark Awards to honor the best in production music

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dcrhere
    Participant

Hi, folks. This is near and dear to my heart as Andy Mark was my friend, colleague and mentor for almost 2 decades. The Production Music Association is pleased to announce the Mark Awards to be presented for the first time at this year’s Production Music Conference at the Directors’ Guild in LA on September 9. You can find out the details here: http://pmamusic.com/themarkawards/

From the website: “What Are The Mark Awards?
    Production music is the sonic lifeblood of so many audiovisual productions, from television programs to promotional campaigns to major theatrical releases. With its proliferation across the gamut of media productions and distribution channels, companies responsible for its contribution to the creative process are worthy of recognition. The Production Music Association is proud to introduce the “Mark Awards”, the first ever awards ceremony in the U.S. dedicated to honoring excellence in the production music community. Named in honor of the late Andy Mark, who was a library owner and founding member of the PMA, the “Mark Awards” recognizes the very best in production music in the following 17 categories:”

Now, submissions do have entry fees, but they are open to PMA members and non-members alike. And, of course, if you can, I’d encourage you all to attend the conference – going to be some terrific panels this year: http://pmamusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PMC2015-Schedule-page-001.jpg

Hope to see you there! – Doug R. from the evil empire

#22018 Reply
    Happy Ears
    Participant

And the award for the most retitled cue goes to……..

And the award for composer credited with the most cues written by some else goes to….

And the award for composer complaining loudest about retiling then turning right around and doing it them selves goes to…..

And the award for publisher complaining loudest about composers giving away their music for nothing then turning right around and retitling their own catalog and giving it away for free to every production company in town goes to……

And the award for composer with the most astronomical impossible with out retiling number of PRO registrations assigned to them while still a PMA member an organization supposedly against retiling goes to…..

And the award for Composer with the most undeserving ASCAP/BMI/SESAC award due to the fact that they only wrote 5% of the music that the award was based on goes to……

Just kidding (kinda) 🙂

#22019 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Funny.

#22020 Reply
    dcrhere
    Participant

Yeah, it is. Mind if pass it around? 😀

#22022 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Actually, Andy was a friend, and a mentor of mine, as well, who opened a lot of doors. He did the same for many grateful composers. The award is an appropriate recognition of Andy’s impact on the industry.

I learned a great deal about the library business from both Andy, and Doug. Composers whose goal is to write for PMA libraries, but are finding it hard to break in, might benefit from taking this opportunity seriously.

Thanks for posting Doug.

_Michael

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #22022 in Introducing the Mark Awards to honor the best in production music
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us