Is anyone making any money from stock music anymore?

Home Forums Commentary Is anyone making any money from stock music anymore?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    guscave

I’ve always worked primarily with exclusive libraries dealing with TV sync licensing. About 2 years ago I decided to dip into the royalty free market. I never really made much money from that so I gave it up and put all my focus back on TV sync licensing.

I know that the subscription services have all but killed the RF market for us composers but I was wondering if any of you who were making decent money before are making anything more than a couple of bucks a month now days from RF music.

#34328 Reply
    StevenOBrien
    Participant

I was making between $500-$1000 month from Pond5 in 2018, but it started to taper off in 2019. I tried to expand out to other RF sites, but was always either rejected or given terrible terms, so when I left Pond5 after the change, my revenue from stock music dropped to $0. From what I’ve heard, their sales are so bad now that I haven’t lost much revenue by leaving.

I still sometimes make sales through my SoundCloud, but you’re talking the odd $50 maybe once every month or two.

#34332 Reply
    guscave

Thanks Steven, That’s kinda what I’ve been hearing. Someone told me last week that they were making over $2500 a month a few years ago, which was enough for them to live on full time. But had to go back to the 9 to 5 last year due to the drastic drop in revenue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Is anyone making any money from stock music anymore?
Your information: