Is Dutch Stock Music a bad name because of the word stock?

Home Forums General Questions Is Dutch Stock Music a bad name because of the word stock?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello all,

I just wondering the last couple of days. Is Dutch Stock Music a bad company name in this industry?

For the non exclusive websites I’m now using Dutch Stock Music and was thinking when exclusive websites will accept mij music I will use my own name.

I don’t see the word stock as something bad. But how does the pro’s look at that matter? Does the word stock have some unwanted negativity on the name? Or is that my perception?

Thanks!
    Glenn

#30407 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

This has been discussed before. I’d like to think that if your music is good enough for them to make money on, a “professional” library wouldn’t care about your previous tracks being in a stock music library. Creators have to take advantage of all the different business models to make any money (at least at a certain level) and this should be understood by the “professionals”.

#30408 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

This has been discussed before. I’d like to think that if your music is good enough for them to make money on, a “professional” library wouldn’t care about your previous tracks being in a stock music library. Creators have to take advantage of all the different business models to make any money (at least at a certain level) and this should be understood by the “professionals”.

Hey Michael,

Thank you for your answer.

I think I was not clear enough in my question or you read to fast 😉

It is not if they will accept my music or not. It is about if it is good or bad to use the word stock in my company name.

Thanks,
    Glenn

#30409 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

I don’t think it’s bad. I don’t think customers will be put off by it in the royalty free world. If you look at Audiojungle for instance the top selling author there is called Stock Sounds.

#30410 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

I don’t think it’s bad. I don’t think customers will be put off by it in the royalty free world. If you look at Audiojungle for instance the top selling author there is called Stock Sounds.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

And your totally right about the top seller at audiojungle.

I can now change it relatively easily because I’m just starting. Better save then sorry ?

But your post takes away my concern about this. Thanks again.

#30411 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #30411 in Is Dutch Stock Music a bad name because of the word stock?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us