Is Tunesat working?

Home Forums General Questions Is Tunesat working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Veeagra
    Participant

I was getting several detections per week since they started the 50 free tracks scheme but in the last 3 weeks or so it’s gone completely dead. Is it just me?

#18640 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Working for me.

#18641 Reply
    composer
    Participant

Working for me.

#18642 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Working for me.

#18643 Reply
    The Dude

It’s missed quite a few network placements for me in the last couple of months.

#18645 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Its working in the sense that it picks up cues daily, wether its picking up all airings IDK.

#18646 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Its working in the sense that it picks up cues daily, wether its picking up all airings IDK.

Tunesat never gets them all but does get some that BMI misses. To clarify BMI misses, generally, because cue sheets are late or do not get turned in by the show/network.

#18648 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Sometimes the music is mixed too low to be detected by Tunesat. This happened on at least two network placements of mine in the last 6 months. To be fair, I could hardly hear the music myself! I also have a commercial running now in which my music is just under 3 seconds, and that isn’t long enough for a detection. But otherwise Tunesat is detecting another spot daily, plus some random stuff here and there. Sadly, the one it’s currently tracking plays on many non-ASCAP-generating channels like ESPN Classic and Fox Sports 2, so a very long list of meh.

#18659 Reply
    mike hunt

“Sometimes the music is mixed too low to be detected by Tunesat.”

Basically u can correct this by making you’re mix alot louder maybe with t racks or sthng then it really shows up in the mix and tunesat would of then been able to spot it

hth

mike

#18661 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

To clarify, sometimes the music is mixed too low, against the dialog and sound effects, by the person who did the mix for the show, not the person who mixed the song, for Tunesat to detect it, regardless of how loud it is mastered.

But yes maybe you are right – flooring your mastering might slightly help Tunesat detections.

#18662 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I think you’ve been trolled wilx2. It’s an old joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag_name

#18663 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Thanks Michael! I actually had picked up on that :), but for some reason decided to reply seriousy.

Ba ba booey.

#18682 Reply
    macaent
    Participant

I know I’m super late, but Tunesat got 2 detections for me but neither was actually my track.

#18683 Reply
    allinthesong

I’ve had trouble with them lately too

#18689 Reply
    chuckhughes2
    Participant

It’s working for me- I’m approaching 3,000 detections in 3 years. But it’s not working in the way Tunesat said it would work- namely, that Tunesat would compare their detections with my ASCAP statements and file exception reports on my behalf with ASCAP. We have all learned that ASCAP pays no attention to Tunesat reports. Because of Tunesat I was able to see that one of my songs was used in a national commercial this summer and file a report with ASCAP. That’s worth something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Reply #18645 in Is Tunesat working?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us