Is Tunesat working?

Home Forums General Questions Is Tunesat working?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

I may finally upgrade to a paying account.
    Tunesat picked up a 1:30 placement on MTV about a year ago that airs a lot. After a long wait for the cue sheet I inquired with ASCAP who told me a cue sheet was filed but my music was not on it. I contacted the library and they are correcting the cue sheet. The show is available online so I was able to send a link to prove my case. IF, everything works I should get pretty decent PRO payment adjustment.
    If that happens, then I will definitely start paying for an account. I know I would never have known about that placement without Tunesat. This one placement discovery could potentially cover the subscription cost for a year or more..

The only downside is hearing all those non-paying promos, Argh! They especially kill me when they air at the beginning of the month and wipe out my 50 free detections in a few days. HAHA

#26891 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

The only downside is hearing all those non-paying promos, Argh!

The promos and Scripps shows drive me nuts!

#26935 Reply
    chuckhughes2
    Participant

Art, I meant to ask, what is the rationale for non-paying promos? Is it that the promo is just an ad for the show in which you theoretically will be actually getting paid for the usage?

And what about when your music is used on the promo, but does not actually appear in the episode? Is there still no payment for the use?

#26936 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Theoretically BMI will pay on most promos IF (and a big IF) the network would file the logs. At least that is what I have been told. Officially BMI only pays on the major networks. The list is on their site.

The networks/channels get to use them as they are generally part of a blanket license they paid for. Which, of course, most of us don’t share in.

#39713 Reply
    aenworld
    Participant

Hi Guys,

In the last one week, Tunesat is completely dead. Is it just me?

Thank you!

#39714 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Seems okay for me.

#39715 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

For me it’s a couple of days behind, which I’d common. My most recent was early Sunday am (over 48 hours ago), but I occasionally have empty spells too.

#39724 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Art, what if the promos appear on Numerator with an ad code? Can you send it to ASCAP/BMI along with the video as proof to get paid? I have around 20-30 promos that have ran on Fox News and Fox Business.

#39725 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, what if the promos appear on Numerator with an ad code? Can you send it to ASCAP/BMI along with the video as proof to get paid? I have around 20-30 promos that have ran on Fox News and Fox Business.

Haven not heard of promos with an ad code. Call the commercial dept in Nashville and ask them. They are usually very responsive.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Reply #18683 in Is Tunesat working?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us