Issues with Youtube Content ID and Apple

Home Forums Copyright Questions Issues with Youtube Content ID and Apple

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    odie76
    Participant

Hi,
    Several years ago I collaborated with a friend on two songs, where we incorporated a couple of my instrumental tracks into the songs, together with his vocals and other elements. I had sent these instrumental tracks to publishers before our collaboration. He then registered the new songs with SACEM in France.

Now he’s having issues with these two songs: one of them is triggering a Youtube Content ID notification (my instrumental was entered into the Content ID system by Indie Tracks); and the other is being rejected by Apple (my instrumental was added to Apple music by Audiosparx).

What would be the best way to resolve this?

#37086 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Maybe Art can weigh in on this as he’s good at this stuff but I had two experiences with this so far. In the first case since I knew the library had to be Audiosparx, I contacted them, told them the issue and what song and in a matter of hours or a day maybe, they whitelisted the track and there were no further issues. In the other instance, I wasn’t sure which library had entered the track into Content ID so I had to request a copy of the claim from the people who received it and it showed the info I needed to determine which library put it into Content ID and requested they whitelist that track and that seemed to do it. Hope this helps

#37087 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Maybe Art can weigh in on this as he’s good at this stuff …

I think you covered it Pat. That’s what I would do.

#37088 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks Art!

#37089 Reply
    odie76
    Participant

Thank you Pat. I’ll email the publishers and ask them to whitelist the tracks.

#37091 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

You bet. Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #37089 in Issues with Youtube Content ID and Apple
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us