Its Official: music Superviors.com is not a good look

Home Forums General Questions Its Official: music Superviors.com is not a good look

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Steve:

Perhaps i didn\\\’t express myself well enough. Of course people want trailers, but unless you can do them as good as the libs you quoted you are wasting your time because nobody will use them. They want the best not a poor pastiche done with midi instruments. This is what you are not getting guys.

But hey, some people are happy hiding their head in the sand so good luck to you and your meagre earnings!

If you want to earn real money take the trouble to work at improving quslity and developing your niche. Its funny hw people produce unimaginative, dreary music in styles that have been done to death for inferior libraries that never get used with midi instruments that sound rubbish – and then come on here complaining they earn nothing! Duh – go figure

Feel free to insult me, its not a problem, but the sensible ones here will learn from what i say.

No insults for you “Steve.” But I think perhaps that you are the one with your head in the sand or the the clouds. People have accused me of being an arrogant no-it-all, but I think that you just won the crown.

I strongly suggest that you read this… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Hemsey AND watch this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JGHI4TAC5U. It was composed, AND RECORDED with a “pastiche” of midi instruments in the hands of a very talented young composer.

I congratulate you on your accomplishments, but if you believe that composers, using in midi instruments in spare-room studios, aren’t achieving major successes you need to do a little research.

Cheers,

Michael

#5811 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

MichaelL: No insults for you “Steve.” But I think perhaps that you are the one with your head in the sand or the the clouds. People have accused me of being an arrogant no-it-all, but I think that you just won the crown.

I strongly suggest that you read this… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Hemsey AND watch this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JGHI4TAC5U. It was composed, AND RECORDED with a “pastiche” of midi instruments in the hands of a very talented young composer.

I congratulate you on your accomplishments, but if you believe that composers, using in midi instruments in spare-room studios, aren’t achieving major successes you need to do a little research.

Cheers,

Michael

MichaelL: No insults for you “Steve.” But I think perhaps that you are the one with your head in the sand or the the clouds. People have accused me of being an arrogant no-it-all, but I think that you just won the crown.

Cheers,

Michael

Wow I always thought that was Hans Zimmer, brilliant work. A new one to show the” I only ever work with real musicians” camp. Not that there is anything wrong with working with real musicians at all. The reality is these days that using midi/samples etc is the only way to achieve this on budget. The other point is , this is not as cheap as some make out. Thousands on the best sample libraries and very computers and hard drives.

Steve I firmly believe in not judging or demeaning anyones work like you do. I don’t see a lot of complaining around here. Most of us are very realistic about how difficult it is in the marketplace. It seems with this library that everyone who has posted, with the exception of you, has had none or very limited success with this library. I have no idea what type of music the other posters have with the library as I can’t see that side of it, so how on earth can you ?

Either way, people that make blanket statements, like you do about midi/trailer music etc only really show themselves up as amateurs, and having an opinion based on the reality of 10 years ago.

Oh check out Daniel James too. He uses Ableton Live.

#5814 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

“People have accused me of being an arrogant >no-it-all <, but I think that you just won the crown."

I can't even spell. Proof positive that I know nothing. 😆

#5818 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Steve, was that 60K in the 2 years immediately following you uploading your tracks? How did it break down between license fees and PRO royalties? What were some typical license fees? What types of shows, films, etc used your tracks?

Regarding MS.com, I haven’t found it of value to ME. I’m always hesitant to criticize a library simply because my own tracks weren’t placed since there are so many factors. My gut tells me it (MS.com) just isn’t working as a business but to say I really know would be silly.

I always found their business model whereby they do not share in PRO royalties, only license fees, to be a strange one in today’s market. With license fees so small or non-existent in so many cases, it leaves me scratching my head. That is, unless they are able to focus on the really high end placements– feature films and their trailers trailers, network TV, etc.

I’ve had songs ‘locked’ for many years now because someone expressed interest. But that status never seems to get cleared and I would think if not placed by that end user within 2 years, it ain’t gonna happen.

I always keep in mind that those of us posting here on MLR might not be a good statistical sample of all their composers.

🙂

#5827 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

MichaelL: Not $450.00 or $4,500.00? So… if you amortize $45 over the amount of time that it took to upload and tag 181 tracks, you’re well below minimum wage into the negative earnings column.
    Yikes!

Yep, a whole $45.00 and into the negative earnings column. But who knew when uploading and tagging it wouldn’t work. That was before MLR! (and yes, referring to musicsupervisor.com)

#5878 Reply
    bigg rome

Who accused mike of being arrogant?

#5879 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

bigg rome:
    Who accused mike of being arrogant?

Hi Bigg Rome
    I had a few run-ins a while back. Haven’t heard from those folks in some time
    BTW…friends do call me “Mike.”

Cheers,

Michael / aka Mike

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Its Official: music Superviors.com is not a good look
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us