I've seen it all now…

Home Forums Commentary I've seen it all now…

• This topic has 50 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jorik nyborg.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Pat
    Participant

It says Quality Free so I assumed it meant free from quality.

#15332 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Sad part is some desperate composers are probably contacting them to sign up, and others are thinking “Man that’s some really good music, for free!”

I know one MLR participant who probably already signed up thinking how it could lead to bigger and better things such as a staff writer position that pays nothing. HAHAHA 😛 (joke!)

#15333 Reply
    AaronM

“music is essential to life..like the air we breathe…”

Perhaps all of these poor, suffocating people should take some free piano lessons instead.

#15334 Reply
    Chuck Mott

I’m not taking this seriously. Sounds totally tongue in cheek.

#15335 Reply
    mikevan

Sounds like the Youtube Audio Library….
    I don’t remember asking for infos but I got a mail that looked like a joke… Give us your tracks for free and no credit either…

FAQs:

How much will I get paid?

There will be no compensation for these tracks or their usage at this time.

Does filling out this form guarantee that my tracks will be in the library?

No. This form is for consideration only. The library team still needs to assess if your tracks are the right fit for the library.

Will YouTube viewers know my song is in the video?

At the moment, no. We are working on tools to more easily display the music playing in videos. We will keep you updated as these features development.

#15336 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

There are some great poly-rhythms going on in those demos. I love that goat sound (or is that a violin?)

#15337 Reply
    Barry

The demo reel is gold! Especially the last track LOL. These guys have a great sense of humour..

#15338 Reply
    Advice

Great spoof! I can’t decide how many tracks to submit! :p 😉

#15340 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Personally I will not submit. No matter how hard I try I will not be able to match the standard of those demotracks 😉

#15341 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I submitted to this library this morning, and I haven’t heard back from them yet! What’s taking them so long?

How long should I wait before I become a totally annoying and unprofessional PITA? Should I, call them, or barrage them with angry emails demanding a decision?

If I get rejected, is it best to send them a nasty email pointing out that they are, like, totally wrong? Or, should I just berate them as individuals, and trash there their library on an open forum?

Gnu B. 😛

#15344 Reply
    Advice

Not sure what the problem is with your submission, Michael.

My tracks already got accepted. However, I have to agree to resign membership in my PRO as well as AAA, AARP, any union, my Panera Bread club, and Starbucks coffee club. They said I can keep my Dunkin’ Donuts Perks card. They haven’t gotten back to me yet on whether or not I can keep my health insurance.

🙂

#15345 Reply
    Scary_Bodega
    Participant

I was kind of surprised that I had to pay to submit but it was only $250.00 per track. I think the exposure will lead to bigger things.

#15347 Reply
    Advice

Scary
    $250 is a bargain for being able to expose yourself that way!

😉

#15348 Reply
    tam cooper

sending them 3 minutes of white noise now

#15349 Reply
    Advice

Tam
    Don’t forget to send them 15, 30, and 60 second edits of that white noise!

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
Reply To: I've seen it all now…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us