I've seen it all now…

Home Forums Commentary I've seen it all now…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

It isn’t such a bad idea. Sure, it will generate absolutely no revenue for composers. But some people just want to share what they have.

Many of the business models today’s music libraries were considered a sad and pathetic joke 10 to 20 years ago. A whole industry has grown from “free music”.

The concept for this company will appeal to certain individuals that are probably not interested in a career. The philosophy behind the company would make sense to those individuals. It is a very extreme philosophy, but has appeal nonetheless.

#15354 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

That’s better. Now, I’ve seen it all.

Oh, wait, doesn’t anyone want to warn us about how this is the end of the music business? 😉

#15356 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

That’s better. Now, I’ve seen it all.

HAHA… So how many tracks did you submit, DI? 😛

#15359 Reply
    tam cooper

🙁 apparently my white noise sounds “dated”

#15360 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

The first sentence of D.I.’s post was enough that I have gone and popped some popcorn and cracked open a Coke. Let the entertainment begin.

#15361 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

HAHA… So how many tracks did you submit, DI? 😛

None yet.

I have a lot of pieces that I have not been able to exploit. If I had to guess, I would be able to send between 80 to 120 pieces of music if I chose to do so.

But this is not about me. It is about agreeing with a certain philosophy and working to promote that philosophy. I am neither for or against free music. But I believe that everyone has the right to choose without feeling guilty, foolish, or ashamed.

Business will go on with or without this company. I just do not want people to get upset or worried about alternatives to the mainstream music licensing industry.

Everyone has a right to participate, no matter how divergent their music or philosophies may be.

#15368 Reply
    Dave

DI

Please tell me you’re being subtly ironic yeah?

#15374 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Dave and DI…tell me that you both think “Quality Free Music” is a real library?

#15376 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I’m submitting to “DI Free Music”… :p

DI, I’m razzing you 😛 because that QFM thing is obviously a parody. It’s the Weird Al Yankovic of music libraries. I hope you didn’t stay up all night putting 100 tracks together for uploading!

#15378 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

One clue that it’s a parody is that the email link on the submission page is not an actual link.

Can you imagine the submissions they would have to listen to from people who feel their music would be a perfect fit after listening to the “Taster showreel”?

#15379 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

OMG, we’ve been pranked? 😉

#15380 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Yeah…and I just ordered that new goat-bleating sample library for Kontakt! 😛

#15381 Reply
    Dave

I have it on good authority that this website and concept is in fact very real.

#15408 Reply
    Markus
    Participant

To me it reads like a let-out for some composer guys who had to explain once too often why they would charge for their work. It’s done with a great sense of humor and the ambiguity certainly attracts a lot of attention.

#15410 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Yeah…and I just ordered that new goat-bleating sample library for Kontakt!

I hear that library has some really baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ass samples!
    😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
Reply To: I've seen it all now…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us