James Horner, Plane Crash..

Home Forums News James Horner, Plane Crash..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Marsden

Plane registered to ‘Titanic’ composer James Horner crashes; 1 dead:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/living/feat-james-horner-titantic-plane-crash/

Disappointing news.. he is my favorite film composer!

I have always really enjoyed the melody of this score, starting at 1:32:

#21996 Reply
    Ulla
    Participant

Very sad news. Always loved the Aliens soundtrack … =( RIP

#21999 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Saw this… so sad. Loved his music and it was an inspiration for me to learn how to compose.

#22000 Reply
    wildinout8
    Participant

Aliens, An American Tail, Willow, The Land Before Time, Field of Dreams, Glory, The Rocketeer, Patriot Games, The Pelican Brief, Braveheart, Apollo 13, Jumanji, Titanic, A Beautiful Mind, Troy, Avatar, and the list goes on. I really had no idea the depth of his catalog and talent. May he rest in peace.

#22001 Reply
    wildinout8
    Participant

…also found out he did Captain EO.

#22003 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I also read he wrote the CBS news theme. Gone before his time. RIP James Horner.

#22005 Reply
    guitar guy

very sad news

#22006 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Yes, this is a very sad event. Many wonderful scores. “A Beautiful Mind” is one of my favorites.

#22008 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

A different side to his great talent.

#22078 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I don’t know if there is any interest here in learning more about what happened, but here is the NTSB Preliminary Report. It usually takes the NTSB a year or longer to issue their final findings, and the report changes from Preliminary to Probable Cause.

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20150622X64755&key=1

#22094 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

One of the first things I said to Robin when I heard this was that I had a feeling it was an experimental plane. Turns out it was. Similar to the the same class as John Denver’s plane that went down. Very sad.

#22096 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

It is very sad. I’ve been reading that he was a skilled pilot with a passion for flying.

Just a note on experimental category airplanes. “Experimental” simply means that the airplane was not mass produced in a factory. All experimental category aircraft must be registered with the FAA and pass a stringent airworthiness inspection conducted by the FAA. The plane MUST pass this inspection before it can be issued an airworthiness certificate and legally fly

#22097 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

I just found out about this. Whilst I was looking it up I also found out that BB King, Ben E King, Percy Sledge and Mike Porcaro died in the last few weeks. I am in total shock. Rest In Peace you giants of music.

#22098 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Also Chris Squire, bassist and co-founder of Yes…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: James Horner, Plane Crash..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us