JP RETIRED TRACKS

Home Forums General Questions JP RETIRED TRACKS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BIGG ROME

I noticed recently uploaded tracks are now retired. Anybody else see that on their accounts.

#9096 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Yup, same here.

#9097 Reply
    Mike

This seems to be library wide. There are a whole bunch of topics about it over on the support board. Hopefully Conrad will answer it and we all will understand what this means…

#9098 Reply
    euca

I have no problem with them thinning out the catalog, I just wish they were a little more transparent.

#9099 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I am curious what the difference is between “retired” and “removed”. My guess is it doesn’t matter much because “retired” would probably mean they aren’t currently pitching.

If you signed tracks exclusively with them and they “retire” those tracks, I would hope they would allow you to remove them from your exclusive agreement. It wouldn’t seem right not to.

And they really should have a gold watch icon to put next to retired tracks on your cue list. 😛

#9100 Reply
    More Advice
    Participant

Everyone just needs to relax regarding JP.  Let them do their song and dance around the South by Southwest music event by throwing all those parties in 3 cities and increasing their customer base and as a result, increasing our opportunities for more placements. Let these guys SELL! I absolutely agree that they should “retire” cues…or delete them or whatever you want to call it.

I looked at what they retired from me , and I support their decision to retire those cues 100%. I am going to retire them myself now. The market spoke and the market said “no thanks!”

I also would not bother inundating them with e-mails about “what does a retired cue mean?”…who cares? It’s obvious, those cues are not placing so they are “retiring them”. Exclusive or NE means squat…a retired cue is a retired cue.

#9101 Reply
    euca
    Participant

@more advice. Are you sure you want to retire them yourself? I only ask because the 4 cues that JP retired from my NE catalog sell very well on a few RF sites.

I can see why they did not work in the JP catalog but they do well for RF. Maybe you want to try those cues elsewhere for awhile before you retire them.

Just sayin, one libraries retirement is another libraries early learning. (insert smiley face here)

#9102 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

+1 euca!

#9103 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

+1 euca, one thing I have come to realize in this game is a big seller on one site  is no barometer of sales on another.  As a NE it means nothing to me, but if I had exclusive tracks on there I think it would be reasonable to be told what “retired” means.

Good manners, communication skills, whatever you want to call it are part of doing business.

#9104 Reply
    BIGG ROME

More advice, That is terrible advice!

It is well known that one library might reject a cue and another library will excel with the same rejected cue.  Americans seems to lay down to everything, now. You have a right to be properly informed. Espcially , if your intellectual property is inloved.

#9105 Reply
    More Advice
    Participant

The “retired” cues are all in the RF library guys as of just a couple of weeks ago. I still do believe in putting my energy into cues that have a proven track record. By no means am I saying “hit the delete button” on retired cues. I personally am not going to funnel much energy into those. What’s interesting is that my strong performing cues at JP are also the same  cues performing well in RF land…another reason to NOT go exclusive w/ JP. Certain cues are just sticky magnetic money makers…you gotta ride that wave….

#9129 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

>>> Everyone just needs to relax regarding JP.

The only concern I would have would be if the cues were exclusive because the ramifications then are much more serious. For non-exclusive, it’s pretty the same has having cues rejected by an NE library.

#9136 Reply
    BIGG ROME

from JP REP:

Hey all,

Ok, so the ‘Retired’ thing. Basically, our tech and catalog teams were experimenting with ways to deal with the immense volume of cues coming in, and the exploding size of the library.

Ultimately we’ve figured out a better solution, one that doesn’t involve ‘retiring’.

Hope this clears things up!

Conrad

#9137 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Tracks which said ‘retired’ are now back to ‘approved’.

#9138 Reply
    BIGG ROME

See, asking does work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: JP RETIRED TRACKS
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us